It is now even easier to lead your team using Waymaker with our latest updates across Tasks and Meetings.
We’ve just released the following.
- Create subtasks and group tasks in Tasks
- Schedule tasks in your calendar
- Scheduling, files, and task integration for roadblocks in Meetings.
Thank you to all our customers who have requested these improvements.
If you have a suggestion, just let us know in Waymaker, click ‘Settings’ in the top right and choose ‘Feedback or feature request’.
Create subtasks in Tasks for grouping tasks in a project
Tasks is the productivity engine within Waymaker. Now, with subtasks it is easier than ever to group tasks together using subtasks.
Using subtasks provides several benefits for managing your task list, whether it’s to break down an activity into more manageable chunks in a project, share the load with a teammate, or to make sure you complete the key activities to achieve a task in the right order and at the right time.
A subtask has all the functionality of standard task. However, when created as a subtask they are grouped under the task they are created within.
The key benefits for breaking tasks down into subtasks are:
- Increased organization: Subtasks break down larger tasks into smaller, manageable parts, making it easier to keep track of progress and stay organized.
- Better focus: By dividing tasks into subtasks, individuals can focus on one aspect of the task at a time, reducing the risk of getting overwhelmed by the overall task.
- Improved time management: Subtasks help individuals plan and allocate their time more effectively, as they can estimate the time needed for each subtask and allocate resources accordingly.
- Better goal tracking: Subtasks allow for more granular tracking of progress, making it easier to see what has been completed and what still needs to be done.
- Improved motivation: Breaking down tasks into subtasks can provide a sense of accomplishment as individuals mark each subtask as complete, helping to boost motivation and keep them on track.
Explore this in your Taskboards, or read more on how to do this here: https://support.waymaker.io/hc/en-us/articles/15273103260953-Subtasks-for-better-task-management
Schedule Waymaker tasks in your calendar for time boxing
Scheduling tasks in a calendar provides numerous benefits that can help individuals manage their time more effectively, increase productivity, and reduce stress.
The most practical is your calendar entry will have a deep link to your Waymaker task and taskboard, opening it in Waymaker on click.
Commonly known as ‘time boxing’, turning tasks in calendarized sessions turns lists into action.
Time boxing is a time management technique in which a specific amount of time is allocated for a task or activity. This helps to limit the amount of time spent on a task and increase productivity by focusing on the task at hand and avoiding distractions.
Time boxing can also help prioritize tasks and ensure that important tasks are completed in a timely manner.
By organizing tasks and deadlines, individuals can prioritize their time and allocate resources more efficiently. Scheduling also creates a sense of accountability and responsibility, encouraging individuals to follow through with their commitments.
Furthermore, by tracking progress in a calendar, individuals can monitor their progress toward outcomes and goals and make necessary adjustments along the way.
The act of scheduling tasks in a calendar provides structure, reduces the risk of forgetting important tasks, and fosters a more organized and productive lifestyle.
Scheduling a task in your calendar can provide several benefits including:
- Improved time management: Scheduling tasks helps to prioritize and allocate time effectively, reducing the likelihood of running out of time for important tasks.
- Increased productivity: Having a clear schedule and knowing what tasks need to be done can help focus and boost productivity.
- Better accountability: Scheduling tasks makes you more accountable and responsible for following through with them.
- Reduced stress: Having a schedule reduces the stress of trying to remember everything and keeps you organized, leading to a more relaxed and productive day.
- Better goal tracking: Scheduling tasks in your calendar helps track progress towards goals and deadlines, allowing for necessary adjustments to be made along the way.
Get started now in Tasks or read more in our knowledge-base here: https://support.waymaker.io/hc/en-us/articles/15268643985561-Schedule-tasks-in-your-calendar
Scheduling, files, and task integration for roadblocks in Meetings
Waymaker meetings is reducing wasted time and improving the effectiveness of regular meetings with powerful meeting automation tools.
Calendar scheduling for meetings
Now, users can create a meeting in Waymaker and send that meeting into Outlook, Gmail, or Apple iCal for scheduling.
Waymaker exists to run better meetings, more effectively, by aligning the right work to your goals and scorecards.
Pushing your Waymaker meetings to your preferred calendar makes it even easier to coordinate the scheduling of your effective agendas, notes, tasks, and scorecards.
Files for meetings
Now, you can even store files against that meeting. Of course, a user has always been able to post a file link to a G drive, Teams file, or Dropbox file in the meeting description, notes, or tasks.
However, now you can add a file into native Waymaker file storage and see this in the meeting.
Files are secured to the members of that meeting only. However, a shareable link can be created by any user with access if global sharing is required for that file. Anyone with the link can access the file.
Tasks for roadblocks
Roadblocks in meetings also now have ‘add a task’ functionality. This allows users to directly create tasks which relate to the removal of the roadblock identified.
Waymaker meetings is more powerful, more effective, and even easier to use with scheduling integrations, file management, and the tasks for roadblock addition.
Getting started on Waymaker
If you want to lead your team to achieving more while doing less, book a demo with our team today at Waymaker.io/discovery