The “Leadership & Personality Strengths” course delves into the intricate relationship between leadership and personality. It aims to equip leaders with the knowledge and tools to understand their own personality traits and those of their team members.
By understanding these traits, leaders can optimize team dynamics, enhance individual performance, and foster a more harmonious and productive work environment.
- Distinguish Between Personality and Character:
- Understand the fundamental differences between personality traits and character traits.
- Recognize that personality does not dictate one’s integrity or moral compass.
- Grasp the Evolution of Personality Theories:
- Trace the historical development of personality theories, from Freudian concepts to modern trait theories.
- Understand the significance of the five-factor model and its role in contemporary personality studies.
- Identify Strengths and Weaknesses in Personality:
- Learn how context often defines the strengths and weaknesses of personality traits.
- Recognize the difference between strengths that propel success and weaknesses that might hinder progress.
- Understand the Development and Dynamics of Personality:
- Explore the nature vs. nurture debate in personality development.
- Recognize the factors that shape personality, including genetics, environment, and personal experiences.
- Acknowledge the Fluidity of Personality Over Time:
- Understand that while personality traits are relatively stable, they can change over time.
- Reflect on the research indicating the potential for personality change even in later stages of life.
- Organize and Understand Personality Traits:
- Familiarize with the ‘Big Five’ or ‘OCEAN’ framework: Openness, Conscientiousness, Extraversion, Agreeableness, and Neuroticism.
- Understand that personality is a spectrum, with each individual exhibiting varying degrees of each trait.
- Apply Personality Insights in Leadership:
- Recognize the importance of understanding one’s own personality and that of team members in leadership roles.
- Learn how to leverage personality insights to improve team dynamics, communication, and overall productivity.
- Interpret and Reflect on Personality Assessment Results:
- Understand how to interpret results from Waymaker’s Leadership diagnostic assessment.
- Reflect on personal strengths, weaknesses, and interactions with others based on assessment insights.
- Develop a Personal Growth Plan Based on Personality Insights:
- Use the assessment results to identify areas of personal growth and development.
- Formulate strategies to leverage strengths and address weaknesses in a leadership context.
By the end of this course, participants will have a comprehensive understanding of the role of personality in leadership.
They will be equipped to harness the power of personality insights to enhance their leadership capabilities, foster better team dynamics, and drive organizational success.