In this course, participants will embark on a journey to understand, create, and implement organizational values, principles, and behaviors.
As a Chief of Staff, Strategy, or Executive Officer, you know values shape the culture.
Through a blend of theoretical knowledge and practical exercises, learners will gain insights into the significance of values in shaping organizational culture and decision-making.
The course delves deep into the historical and contemporary shifts in worldviews and their impact on businesses and societies. By the end of this course, participants will be equipped with the tools and understanding to foster an ethical and value-driven organizational environment.
Upon completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand Organizational Values: Grasp the concept of organizational values and their role in influencing behaviors and actions within an organization.
- Recognize the Transformation Iceberg: Comprehend the layers of transformation, from worldviews to daily habits, and how they shape organizational culture.
- Ethical Decision Making: Understand the principles of utility, autonomy, and generalization and apply them to make ethical decisions in an organizational context. Familiarize with the ‘pub test’ as a cultural principle for ethical decision-making.
- Develop Principles and Behaviors: Learn how to bridge the gap between values and behaviors using principles. Understand the role of principles in shaping identity and influencing behavior across organizational culture.
- Write Organizational Values, Principles, and Behaviors: Utilize the provided canvas to identify, prioritize, and document the values, principles, and behaviors that resonate with the organization’s vision and mission.
- Historical Context: Gain insights into the historical evolution of worldviews and the influence on western civilization and contemporary society.
- Addressing Worldview Clashes: Develop strategies to navigate the challenges posed by clashing worldviews in the 21st century, especially in organizational contexts.
- Promote Ethical Business Practices: Understand the ancient and universal human values that underpin ethical business practices and recognize the benefits of conducting business ethically.
- Implement Values in Organizational Culture: Learn how to communicate and embed the identified values, principles, and behaviors in the organization’s culture, ensuring alignment and consistency.
By the end of this course, participants will not only have a comprehensive understanding of values, principles, and behaviors but will also be empowered to implement them in their organizations, fostering a culture of ethical decision-making and value-driven actions.