Master the sales meeting.
This comprehensive course, “Mastering Effective Sales Meetings,” is designed to equip Chief of Staff, Strategy & Operations Leaders, Team Leaders, and Sales Team Members with the essential knowledge and skills to conduct highly successful sales meetings together as a team.
This course provides participants with the tools, strategies, and techniques necessary to confidently plan, execute, and follow up on sales meetings, ensuring they become a driving force in advancing opportunities through the sales pipeline.
Upon completing this course, participants will:
Understand the Purpose
- Articulate the primary objective of a sales meeting: advancing opportunities to the next stage of the sales journey.
Manage Time Effectively
- Apply best practices to allocate appropriate time for different types of sales meetings based on the deal stage.
Run Effective Meetings
- Choose the optimal meeting format and environment, whether face-to-face or video conference.
- Implement strategies to ensure engagement and productivity during video conference meetings.
Context and Framework
- Recognize the distinction between internal sales team meetings and sales meetings with clients.
- Differentiate between the meeting framework and sales methodologies, applying the framework to execute any chosen sales methodology effectively.
- Address common challenges in sales meetings, such as preventing disruptions and enhancing deal progression.
Embrace Selling Principles
- Embody fundamental selling principles, including establishing authority, active listening, obstacle removal, problem-solving, balancing emotion and reason, and viewing sales as a collaborative journey.
Structure the Sales Meeting Agenda
- Comprehend the structure of a successful sales meeting agenda, consisting of six key steps.
- Effectively execute each agenda item, from defining the purpose to closing with alignment.
Articulate Position of Authority
- Craft a concise statement demonstrating authority and credibility, supported by client references or proof points.
Listen and Understand
- Develop active listening skills to understand the client’s situation, identify pain points, metrics, and target outcomes, and employ divergent questioning techniques to explore the problem thoroughly.
- Tailor and present solutions that address the client’s specific issues, achieve desired metrics and outcomes, and respond to questions with specifics.
- Utilize convergent statements to showcase precise assistance.
Define Next Steps
- Collaboratively agree on the next steps and actions required for decision-making and progression, proposing mutually agreed-upon steps.
Align with Purpose
- Express gratitude and close the current sales journey stage with a reaffirmation of the meeting’s purpose.
By achieving these learning outcomes, participants will be well-prepared to lead and participate in sales meetings with confidence, effectively advancing opportunities, strengthening client relationships, and contributing to their organization’s success in the competitive world of sales.