Learn how to design your ideal culture.
This course delves deep into the concept of organizational culture, emphasizing its significance and the role it plays in shaping the identity and success of an organization.
Through a comprehensive exploration of the Culture Canvas, participants will gain insights into the foundational elements of culture, its historical evolution, and the tools to dissect and design an ideal culture for their organization.
The course also underscores the pivotal role of leaders in influencing and melding the culture, emphasizing the importance of leading by example.
Upon completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Define Organizational Culture: Understand the concept of organizational culture, its components, and its significance in the context of an organization’s identity and operations.
- Historical Context: Trace the evolution of the study of organizational culture from the early 1900s to its current significance in the business world.
- Understand the Intangibility of Culture: Recognize the challenges associated with defining and managing culture due to its intangible nature and the importance of leading rather than managing it.
- Four Lenses of Culture: Deconstruct and reconstruct organizational culture through the four lenses: Language, Symbols, Stories, and Currency. Understand how each lens contributes to the overall culture and can be used as a tool for analysis and improvement.
- Practical Application: Apply the knowledge of the four lenses to dissect the culture of a known entity, such as a country, to relate and understand the concepts better.
- Culture Shaper’s Canvas Workshop: Engage in a hands-on workshop to analyze the current state of an organization’s culture and envision its ideal state. Learn to identify elements that need to be started, stopped, or continued.
- Strategic Culture Building: Develop practical strategies and goals to shape and optimize organizational culture, emphasizing continuous improvement and the role of leaders in influencing culture.
- Understand the Role of Leaders: Recognize the importance of leaders being upstream of culture, leading by example, and the significance of their behaviors in shaping organizational culture.
- Practical Culture Building: Understand the importance of being practical in shaping culture and teaching teams how to build and maintain it.
- Continuous Improvement: Embrace the concept of continuous improvement in culture, ensuring it remains relevant, effective, and aligned with organizational goals and values.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to document their existing culture and design the ideal culture for their organization.