Leadership is a multifaceted role that goes beyond mere management. It encompasses a blend of character, values, skills, and systems. But at its core, what does a leader truly do?
This course delves into the fundamental responsibilities of a leader, providing a clear roadmap for those aspiring to lead with purpose, clarity, and impact.
- Understand the Essence of Leadership:
- Recognize the distinction between leadership skills/systems and leadership responsibilities.
- Appreciate the importance of character, values, skills, and systems in shaping effective leadership.
- Identify the Five Core Responsibilities of a Leader:
- Thinking: Understand the importance of connecting facts with feelings for critical decision-making.
- Planning: Learn how to bridge possibilities with practicality, charting a clear path forward.
- Inspiring: Grasp the art of connecting the current state with the desired future, motivating others to embrace change.
- Equipping: Recognize the significance of connecting skills and systems to delegate growth effectively.
- Empowering: Understand the essence of connecting ownership with accountability, enabling others to execute to excellence.
- Interpret Leadership Diagnostic Results:
- Analyze the results of the Waymaker Leadership Diagnostic’s responsibilities assessment.
- Understand the value creation metric and its implications for leadership development.
- Engage in Self-Reflection and Goal Setting:
- Reflect on personal leadership strengths, weaknesses, and areas of focus.
- Determine which responsibility requires immediate attention and improvement.
- Formulate actionable goals based on diagnostic results and personal reflections.
- Implement Goal Planning Techniques:
- Familiarize oneself with Waymaker’s Roadmap, Prioritize page, and goal-setting methodologies.
- Understand the distinction between goals, outcomes, and tasks in the context of leadership development.
- Learn best practices for setting inspirational, significant, and achievable leadership goals.
- Apply Practical Leadership Examples:
- Analyze real-world leadership goal examples to gain insights into effective goal formulation and execution.
- Understand the importance of outcomes as measurable evidence of goal achievement.
By the end of this course, participants will have a comprehensive understanding of the core responsibilities that define a leader. They will be equipped with the tools, insights, and methodologies to introspect, set actionable goals, and lead with purpose and impact.